The Shared Services Centre project is conducting research into the form and nature of shared service centres.
In addition to publishing academic and practitioner articles the project also holds regular forum events to facilitate the sharing of best practice between leading organisations.
Key themes include:
- The transformation of the finance and other professional functions
- Performance measurement and management
- Balancing and blending market versus hierarchy approaches
- Talent management in SSCs
- New Working Practices, including team empowerment and use of visual displays
- Development of ERP platforms and the consequential centralisation and control of End-User Computing tools especially spreadsheets
- Transfer pricing
- On-shore v. near shore v. offshore decisions
- Centres of excellence and Communities of Practice
To learn more about all the research projects under the parent Centre; ‘Centre for Global Sourcing and Services’ click here.